Drop on Demand Ink
BRITISH MADE, RELIABLE DOD INK
With over 50 years’ experience in ink development and manufacture, you will find our Drop On Demand Inkjet Inks (DOD ink) used globally.
Every ink is extensively tested by our chemists and every single product is manufactured at our UK-based facility. From there it is distributed globally to over 73 countries. Our success here is owed to the exceptional quality of our drop-in-replacements their low costs.
We are actively expanding our distributor network, so please do not hesitate to contact us if you would like to find out more.
What is DOD printing technology?
Drop on demand (DOD) is a broad classification of inkjet printing technology where drops are ejected from the printhead only when required. In general, the drops are formed by the creation of a pressure pulse within the printhead. The particular method used to generate this pressure pulse creates the primary subcategories within DOD, namely 'thermal' and 'piezo'.
The ink in the tiny print cartridge chambers is first heated until it evaporates. This allows the formation of ink bubbles that later expand and inject small drops of ink on the printing surface through a nozzle. Each nozzle is individually controlled.
DOD printers are a flexible, reliable and durable solution that are able to mark onto a variety of substrates.
The main advantage of drop-on-demand inkjet printers is that they can directly print over the surface of an item, making labels unnecessary. Other advantages include:
- Low cost. Since drop-on-demand inkjet printers can directly print over an item, the costs that would otherwise be incurred in manufacturing labels is eliminated.
- Large character printing. Because of the relatively large diameter of the nozzles, drop-on-demand inkjet printers can print particularly large size fonts.
- High printing quality. With drop-on-demand inkjet printing, the resultant printed image or text is clean and readily legible.
- High quality printing on sensitive and uneven surfaces.
- Compatibility with special inks. Drop-on-demand inkjet printers are compatible with special inks of different colors for use on porous surfaces (e.g. paper, cardboard, wood) and smooth, impermeable surfaces (e.g. plastic, metal, glass).