KORTHO GRAPHICJET DOD PIEZO
GRAPHICJET X-SERIES DOD PIEZO INKJET
The Kortho X-Series printers are high-resolution systems for printing onto porous and non-porous surfaces. The GraphicJet prints onto cardboard and paper packagings such as boxes, trays, bags and any other materials or packaging. The X-series is completely unaffected by harsh or changing production environments.
Special features of the X-Series:
• Internal barcode generator.
• Internal real-time counters and autocodes.
• Unicode font support.
• Bi-directional printing and communication.
• Stories label formats in printer's memory for stand-alone printing.
• Multi database connections up to Full ERP solutions.
• User friendly and mistakes proof operator screens with forms installed on an external PC.
What is a DOD Piezo Printer?
Drop on demand (DOD) is a broad classification of inkjet printing technology where drops are ejected from the printhead only when required. In general, the drops are formed by the creation of a pressure pulse within the printhead. The particular method used to generate this pressure pulse creates the primary subcategories within DOD, namely Thermal and Piezo.
The ink in the tiny print cartridge chambers is first heated until it evaporates. This allows the formation of ink bubbles that later expand and inject small drops of ink on the printing surface through a nozzle. Each nozzle is individually controlled.
Advantages of DOD
The main advantage of DOD inkjet printers is that they can directly print over the surface of an item, making labels unnecessary. Other advantages include:
• Low cost. Since DOD inkjet printers can directly print over an item, the costs that would otherwise be incurred in manufacturing labels is eliminated.
• Large character printing. Because of the relatively large diameter of the nozzles, DOD inkjet printers can print particularly large size fonts.
• High printing quality. With DOD inkjet printing, the resultant printed image or text is clean and readily legible.
• High quality printing on sensitive and uneven surfaces.
• Compatibility with special inks. DOD inkjet printers are compatible with special inks of different colours for use on porous surfaces (e.g. paper, cardboard, wood) and smooth, impermeable surfaces (e.g. plastic, metal, glass).